View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 03:51 PM

Default Questions on NI Komplete Kontrol

Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the free download offered by NI for their Komplete Start package which includes things like Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt free 6, and several instruments, loops, samples, etc. A nice freebie to say the least. I've had Kontakt Free for some time, but hardly ever used it.

So, I got it all installed and then followed the instructions for using Komplete Kontrol. When you open it in standalone mode, it scans absolutely everything...all my VSTs, including my older 32bit ones, which I scarcely even use any more. That took forever. Which leads to question #1: Is there a way to tell Komplete Kontrol to only scan certain things? If so, I can't find it anywhere in the program and there's no option on boot up to limit it either. I don't need or want it to scan everything, just what I want it use.

The second question is that when I host in Pro Tools, I have [rul=https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/]all the instruments available that come with Komplete Kontrol[/url]. However, it appears that Komplete Kontrol is not multi-timbral. Again, am I missing something?

When I load up Kontakt Free 6 on a PT Instrument track, I only have some of the instruments available, and not all of the ones that came with Komplete Kontrol. I had assumed that they would all load into Kontakt Free. Again, I can't see any way to tell Free to load them up.

So, if there's any kind soul here that is familiar with all this NI stuff and can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I read all the start up info on the NI website for the Komplete Kontrol, as well as several other videos on YouTube, as well as the Kontakt Free Explained on Groove 3. But none of them seemed to address any of these issues, and the manual doesn't seem to offer much help either.

Clearly I've missed some things, but I don't know where.

Any help would be appreciated.