View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Is the Coronavirus pandemic affecting your business?

Not much effect here as I haven't had any commisions in quite a while. Mostly self-projects like doing the whole Mikado in piano - yes everything and not just the well-known tunes.

Haven't heard anything from Sweetwater but I deal quite a bit with B&H in NYC and they're closing their store to walk-in customers. They're still doing internet & phone sales & support though they warned that support will be working from their homes. They moved their warehousing to New Jersey a while back and that's still working as near as I know.

What isn't working are bars & restaurants in NJ, NY and Connecticut. As of 8PM eastern they're closing for the duration. You can still get delivery and take out through the usual suspects. NY's Governor Cuomo worked this out with the other 2 govs.

Went to a local family market with the wife to pick up some supplies and food and most of the shelves were bare. That's not from people hoarding as that sort of clientel don't go to this store - it's all locals. The issue is the store just isn't getting supplies in.

We're prepared to hunker down for as long as it takes. Hopefully the power, water & internet will hold out

QAPLA!