View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Cabling routing for an analogue mixer to Quartet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.a.d.vowles View Post
Ditched the mixer! As the setup does not allow any alterations so I cannot change the clock speed Pro Tools no longer works so I am ditching that as well. No enjoyment sitting for hours trying to work out supposedly simple hassles. Thanks for all the help.
Hey, don't give up yet. Pro Tools is great once you get things sorted, and by then you'll be an expert!

There is a demo session that comes with PT. I'd suggest loading it up and making sure it plays back properly (without any noise issues). Getting that done is half the battle.

Then make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Quartet. It's always good practice to turn interface (Quartet in your case) on before booting computer.

Take Albees previous advice about windows sound settings. Read up a little on 'Playback Engine' in PT reference guide. It's helpful to have an understanding of this aspect of PT.

As far as the buzzing sound is concerned, we can only guess what that could be but as suggested start at the beginning of the signal chain (the pickups) and use a process of elimination to isolate where noise is coming from. As said earlier, ground loop problems are common so that's a good place to check.

Best of luck dude....never give up on anything. Anything worthwhile never comes for nothing

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O