View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Control 24 headphone cue mix help!!

Quote:
hi all

im in need of some help setting up a separate headphone mix on the control 24. not sure if im being a dummy or just doing something wrong.

i have patched out of the 192 (outputs 7+8) into AUX in on the control 24. and out of AUX out to the headphone amp. now i create in pro tools, as usual, sends on each channel for a separate headphone mix. (like sends A or B) and i set them prefader. so i can have a separate mix for the headphones and the control room. (and so the artist wont hear me mute something while we are tracking or something) then i create 2 master faders. one for the control room. and one for the headphone send. (1+2 for the control room, and 7+8 for the headphone send) . now this signal path usually works fine in other setups (like using an analog console or mackie hui...or even just straight outta pro tools to the headphone amp) but when i have it running into the control 24, i hear NOTHING when the "monitor to aux" switch is not pressed. and i hear the main mix when i press the monitor to aux switch. which i do not want cuase i dont want the artist to hear the main mix, but his own....

what am i doing wrong??
Hi,

The aux in and the aux outputs are NOT associated, they are independant stereo in to monitor section and stereo out from monitor sectiion!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club_Build A Tower top 20 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 Control 24 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.