View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 07:11 AM

Default Re: Insert changes not showing up (Logic Pro X)

OK well after spending a bunch of time writing bug reports and going back and forth with Apple on this, it's simply a networking issue. By switching to a 2.4Ghz network for my iPad everything works perfectly. I'm not sure why Avid recommends a 5Ghz network for Pro Tools Control since after switching to a 2.4Ghz network for my iPad and leaving my MacBook Pro on the 5ghz network everything works much more reliably. I would recommend that Avid remove that suggestion since it clearly impacts the performance and reliability of the application itself.

Also what I found very odd was that this networking issue was that Pro Tools Control seems to take precendence over the entire Eucon chain of hardware/software because my Artist Mix was also behaving with the same problem even though it was hard wired via Ethernet to my computer.

Anyway - if people out there are having anomalies in the behavior of Pro Tools Control I'd suggest attempting different networking settings.

Eddie just a recommendation but I'd go back and have your engineers review this problem since it's clearly NOT an Apple Logic issue with their EuCon support. My suggestion would be to have Pro Tools Control do some network diagnostics either at startup or intermittently in a background thread and put up an alert suggesting changing the network protocol to 2.4Ghz if things aren't reliably returning data. Note that both my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz networks are on an Airport Time Capsule and both are 802.11n based networks. But I think the 802.11n running at 5Ghz switches to use 802.11ac when available so maybe it has something to do with that although it shouldn't as 802.11ac is just a faster protocol and TCP/IP doesn't really care if it's going over 802.11b or 802.11ac

Either way the application should be able to tell if it's networking configuration is sub par and let the user know instead of just dropping packets and having the application behave oddly.