View Single Post
Old 06-07-2001, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Effects on vocals - please help

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I have been using compressor on vocals, but with diferent and -ve results.Then I copied the pre sets of the demo "Be there" and it seems good and I am convinced that I need to read a good book on effects.
Please suggest me one.

The compressor needs to be put in first before EQ and delay, verbs.Am I correct?

And ReniuR, as you suggested , use as my aux inputs, if I get it correctly by this you mean I will be able to get different levels of effects (Wet ) signal.

Thanks Morningstar for you detailed answer.Yes I was referring to single vocal track.
I have read on some other post that EQ should be used to eliminate the frequencies not to boost them.I tried to boost the high frequecies beyond the normal levels and it sounds good to me.May be I personally like to give more air to vocals.(I record Indian Punjabi music and folk punjabi music sounds good with high pitch harmonics of vocals)
My question is is it a good idea to boost high frequencies to the tone of 8 to 11 db.And what will happen if ater this EQ verb is applied.Maybe my problem has something to do with my settings of EQ.
Can I give good air to my vocals without boosting too much with EQ.

I will be thankful if anyone could suggest me online articles on effects.