View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM

Default *Noob* I have a few questions

Ok...I got a 002 with Pro Tools 6.7, running off of my Sony Vaio PC...Im VERY new at this so I have a few questions

1. I see alot of professionals using 2 screens in Pro Tools...lol...how do I do that?
2. I record mostly vocals...and when I have people come in to record...for example they record the chorus to a song, Ive seen people use a feature that you can automatically place the hook 16 bars without trying to line anything up at all! ! ! I know you have to know the tempo but thats all
3. Again I have 6.7 and everytime I boot up Pro Tools I get 3 screens for different filters and effects and what not, and the trials have ran out...Im completely blind to this, I bought the iLok thinking that was gonna solve my problems...little do I know I still need the " Authorization Cards " for my iLok, for each bundle. Where would I come across this? Do I have to spend more money?? haha
4. And I just bought my first house, and the basement is COMPLETELY unfinished...absolutly nothing is done! And me and my neighbor are going to build a studio...Just looking for ANY USEFULL tips on doing so...maybe materials, how much padding in the booth to use, whats a good measurement for a booth used for vocals ONLY! Any info would help...

Your help is GREATLY appreciated in advance