View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Here's a link to the Reason 11 FAQ https://www.propellerheads.com/en/re...ther-daw-hosts

Because Rewire is going away with R11 if you have any sessions that use Reason Rewired into PT you're going to have to keep your current version of Reason installed. Also you won't be able to host vst's in R11 when it's used as a plugin

Be aware that there are two versions of R11 and it looks like upgrading to R11 from whatever Reason version you have now does NOT get one the full Reason Suite. Upgrading to regular R11 is $129 and to R11 Suite is $249. Sounds just like the pricing games Plugin Alliance is playing with people

Yes, I saw that, too. I simply don't get the not allowing VST hosting with Reason in Rewire mode, or now, with R-11 as a plugin. The Props made a big deal about adding VST hosting, but then arbitrarily opt to limit it to only in Master mode, not slave mode. Doesn't make sense to me.

Now that they've gone this route, there are three things I wish they would implement. 1)AAX Version 2)allow VST hosting in the rack as a plugin 3)allow MIDI routing the way they do audio/vc routing on the back of the rack. There are so many ways that adding MIDI IN/OUT ports on the back of the various modules could be used. And being able to just grab a virtual cable and plug from whatever to whatever would be so useful! I've made this suggestion to the props at least 3 times. They responded and even asked me some questions about it. But, they don't seem keen on improving their MIDI operations.

Personally, I think they're missing a real opportunity here. If all three of these were added, Reason would be probably the most powerful and versatile VI on the planet. It is so easy to set up massive, multilayered patches with, say, Combinator. There's really no easy way to emulate that in PT without using a lot of instrument tracks. In Reason, its 1 instrument track, 1 instance of Reason, and the rack!

At this point, I'm not going to jump on 11 any time soon. I'm still using R 9.5. R-10 didn't really offer anything all that new other than some new VI's. Its the features I mentioned above that would make me jump on an upgrade!