View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:19 PM

Default Re: New to Eleven Rack--interface not detected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubber View Post
Dear All,

I just got a second hand Eleven Rack.
It works fine as a standalone guitar processor.
Installed Eleven Rack v1.2.13 drivers
My PT Ultimate 2018.4.0 gave me an error when starting up (forgot to copy error message but I can reproduce if it will be helpful)
Updated firmware from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3
PT will still not start.
I am using a Mac Pro 5,1 with High Sierra 10.13.2
Tried different USB ports and cables.
It does not show up under Audio Devices in Audio MIDI Setup but I can see it in MIDI Studio.
I did not install the editor since I read it requires the paid update.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. THank you!
If the Eleven Rack does not show up as an audio device under Audio/MIDI setup there is no point in trying anything with Pro Tools. It will be a driver or OS or hardware problem. The editor is irrelevant and yes not compatible with your old firmware.

Did you carefully follow the driver install instructions? Did you optimize your system for Pro Tools? (Pro Tools Install Guide)... Which includes disabling sleep/suspend in macOS?
The most common cause of the problem you are seeing is you have allowed the system to sleep or suspend while the Eleven Rack is connected and powered on. That will hang the driver. Try reboot your Mac.... does Audio/MIDIsetup now see the Eleven Rack as an audio device?

If that is not it we’ll look at the driver install next... and a possible full clean macOS reinstall... so ya betta hope it was just a hung driver