View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Default Re: 11R and Fast Track C600

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
If he used his Eleven Rack serial number to get PT9 at the crossgrade price of $249 as nst7 suggests, could he not s/pdif the 11R & c600 together and have PT9 run the c600 as an aggregate or would that mean the built in transport controls wouldn't be compatible with PT9?

A higher cost outlay but feasible ... no?
Well if he was trying to aggregate the I/O then he would not need to connect the interfaces via S/PDIF. But no you do not want to try joining the I/O devices with Mac OS X aggregate I/O. Not supported and it will suck.

If you don't mind not having an Eleven Rack config window in Pro Tools then you can work with Pro Tools SE and just feed the S/PDIF out from the Eleven Rack to the C006. In this case the Eleven Rack is operating just as a stand-alone piece of outboard gear. But SE is so limited it sucks badly. "wanting more inputs" and using SE are conflicting concepts

Or you should be able to crossgrade/upgrade to Pro Tools 9 from the Pro Tools LE 8 that came with the Eleven Rack -- then you will get the Eleven Rack control window working and you can separately install the C006 Driver Control Panel.

If starting to spend more money looking at a higher-end Mbox or a third party interface might be a better idea.

Darryl