Thread: It's Official.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Default Re: It's Official.

I remember hearing Monsters and Robots for the first time and realizing Buckethead could likely log onto a 56K modem. When he did it it was almost noise. but.... It was an integral part of the song and used in a musical way which made it both cool and valid in my book.

I appreciate this guys skills. But at those speeds theres no soul, phrasing or melody. My favorite thing about guitar (besides it being so damn cool) is the fact that a player with great phrasing can be lyrical and expressive and inject some emotion into it. Thats just not going to happen at those speeds. Just not my cup of tea. But an impressive demonstration of training. I think the guy played it very well FWIW.

I'm impressed but not moved. Not that I think he was trying to move anyone mind you.

It may however give birth to the the bragging rights of "Mines Shorter"

The guy is probably a great player when hes not trying to be the worlds fastest player of FOTBB.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88