View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Pan and plugin windows follow selection

yeh - I know what u mean! DP7 ( my other DAW ) has a 'channel strip ' that follows selected channel - u can edit the EQ - pan - aux sends ( surround or stereo ) or plugins - 'pop' out from there..

I missed that feature like crazy until I figured my MC Mix out.. ( so easy to get at EQ - plugins -= reverb sends -= it really did become center of universe for me!! )

Now I love the 'flip' fader - its awesome for panning - surround panning

so using the flip button on the MC Mix - the surround 'panner' or should we say surround panning ability does follow selected track - and to be honest I prefer it over the onscreen panner..

front to back moves are easy - as are left to right.. ( each has a fader )

so u can even move left to right ( or front to back ) and add LFE at the same time! BONUS!

if u are doing stereo - then 'flip' the faders to stereo pan ---> I have managed to pan 4 adjacent channels *at the same time* ( ok they were all going the same way! ( footsteps 1 - 2 3- and 4 ) walk left to right hahaha

I also love how u know *exactly* where you are in the stereo field - unlike those POS rotary encoder - gives a great confident feel to the panning

regarding your request - Its interesting how they have enabled a lot of shortcut keys thru EUCON you simply cant access any other way

If I was running a business I guess thats what I would do? ( I might not be popular - but I think the Avid 'glasnost' is over- they are reeling in the native abilities a little?

but for now I know I am thinking about buying an MC - altho I suspect I will wait and get it on my next film edit / mixproject - for recording foley - I dont need it..

the problem with maggots spanner - is that if u are collaborating - then everyone has to use spanner?