View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Love em or Hate Waves finally puts DLS bundles on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd513 View Post
im not a dog but i do notice latency. I normally use LLM on a native system because 128 is a little to much latency for me. but hey to each his own i just hope u realize there is a huge difference between 1.6ms and 8ms and to claim its the same or even comparable is spreading false information and some poor sap might actually believe u and trust ur advice
At 44.1 at a 128 buffer would not be acceptable to me for many things, however computers these days can handle a lot at 64. It really depends on where in the mix recording through plugins is manageable at even 128. That being said you don't always need to resort to something as extreme as LLM. Disabling latency heavy plugns can help as well. The only types of plugins I found I typically feel compelled to use are Verbs, Delays at times, and Compressors. The need I think we would all agree on are the ones that enable the artist to get their best performance. That being said, the reason I use HD TDM is so I KNOW I can always track through the plugins I want and never have an issue for my workflow.

I am impressed with what can be done with HDN at 96, where from what I've read, enables tracking through native plugins at just about any stage with unrecognizable latency with just an I7 MacPro!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp

Last edited by Barry Johns; 12-09-2014 at 04:07 PM.