View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Cloud Collaboration Seems fragile.

I had upgraded to 12.8, and a day later I had a session (not project) get an assertion error that resulted in all the clips being reorganized in the timeline for a 90 minute feature, and corrupted every backup made during that day! (was able to go to previous day's backup, posted in another thread here). So, i'm back to 12.71.

I'm right now bravely trying it on another project. I'm being very careful to monitor each step. So far I've uploaded to the cloud, but nobody has tried to access it yet. I'll update any interesting info to see how that goes. What I do notice is the system feels more sluggish, even after the uploads have completed. I've turned off the auto update for the project, but I'm constantly met with a spinning wheel and general sluggishness as i'm editing. I save a copy as a session rather than project and its all ok.

Also, its super annoying if I close a project and reopen too soon I'm greeted with a "Cancelling Previous Upload" message. So now I need to wait an indefinite amount of time (seems to be about 2 or 3 minutes) or hit cancel, not knowing what process I'm really cancelling. What I think is happening is each audio file or change on a track gets uploaded individually, and the communication to the server to cancel each one takes a moment, and with a lot of clips & tracks that takes awhile.

What has worked for me is someone downloading as session from google drive, and making 3 new tracks to lay in some FX, and sharing those 3 tracks with me. I import them into my timeline very easily, which saves me a few mouseclicks.