View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Options for CR pot and Master Fader

Love that we can now assign a Master Fader to the CR pot with 2018.7!

Couple of things.

1) on my Artist Control, if that Master Fader channel is not on the touchscreen, there is nothing that indicates the level you are twisting to. Maybe there could be some selectable options:
-if the CR control option is on a Master Fader, bank to that Master Fader when the CR is touched, a la the same option via touchscreen or fader pack
-for the Master Fader to stay locked as an available track on the touchscreen/fader pack to indicate level when the CR option is selected on that track in the session (I believe this is currently an option SEPARATE from the CR assignment)
-maybe the level can momentarily appear on the touchscreen when the control is moved, reverting to "normal display" some period of time (half a second? a second? immediately?) after the knob is no longer touched?

2) pushing the knob puts the fader at the bottom (no output). Cool. Is there also another "reset" option but to set it to zero instead, as you can with shift-touching faders (I tried that and it doesn't work)? There is this thread for the dock: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...90#post2495790 but where is the "option click" option on an Artist Control?