View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Plugins still resetting to their default parameters

I don't remember, we discussed this with the Swiss Distributor and they got to avid etc. but never actually a real fix.

Now just by today I found something out that could help AVID and the critical Plugin Manufactors to fix it (although I doubt that anyone is interessted to fix this).

I opened my session on another computer, that had the same plug-ins installed as the computer I mixed it. Now - oh miracle - all settings were back!!!

That would now provide some serious information: The Plugin Parameters set in Plugins with Parameters set to Automation-ready (but without any automation on it) are actually NOT LOST! They are still saved in the session but for whatever reason in some circumstances they are not loaded.

Maybe the Plugin things that, because the parameter is ready for automation, that there is automation and ready 0 - I don't know.

Also, since it the Parameters are back on another computer the problem might have to do something with a cash. But if that is the case, it is strange, as when we had that problem 2 years ago, we really always deleted every potential cash that could be deleted.

Anyway, Mistakes like those - that are far away from being bugs, is something that really only happens in the Audio-Industry. It actually brings me to the idea to change my job. Why not be a gardener? Would a Spade ever not go into the earth if I drift it in the earth?
D.