Thread: Protools 192k
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Protools 192k

Read through this thread...interesting stuff. So let's cut through to what really matters (especially to digi). Are all you guys going to upgrade to new converters? If not now maybe eventually? We haven't seen the products yet, but with all of the technical knowledge expressed above...what's you answer? We may consider how much these things will go for if 888/24s have been in the 3 grand area.

I just got my PT system in July. When my sales rep invited me to digi's product show (biggest product announcement in 4 years) at the end of the month where they would be demoing these things I called him and asked "Great, what about the system I just bought?" He called back and said "You're fine." I do music...and he basically didn't think I needed it. He said "It's the logical next step for digi, to compete, and usually these are things you won't really need."

What about you folks...are you so fired up that you're looking at your budgets and bank balances going "Let's see how I can make this happen." I look forward to seeing what you think.