View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 unable to start up.

Hello everyone.

First things first. Let me introduce myself. My name is Niels, I'm 36 years of age and I'm from the Netherlands.

Today I finally have bought my copy of Pro Tools 9. I've heard so much about it and having watched my favourite artist, Ayreon, Using this piece of software for his music, I finally went for it.

Sadly though, thing's have come to a hold already. The installation went perfect and the update of Protools from 9.0 to 9.6 went also without a problem.

Though each time when I try to start-up Pro Tools, it comes with an error message that I can't explain. Next to Pro Tools, I also have got other software on my Imac, Like Reason 5 and record from Propellerheads and the Analog Experiance from Arturia.

During the start up of Pro Tools, it starts to load allot of Plugins and it stops when it reaches a plugin called Oberheimer SEM V. The weirdest part is that it is being reported by the Elicencer that belong's to the Arturia Software package. I've had several issues with this licence program before, but that was resolved. Sadly though... each and every time this message pops up, Pro Tools refuses to continue loading and simply stops.

I wish I could import a print screen of this so that you could see what I mean.

I hope someone can help me out, cause I can't uses Pro Tools now.

Thank you very much in advance.