View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Free Mixing & Mastering Templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadown View Post
Are there any free mixing & mastering templates that I can download that have different genres other than the ones that comes with Pro Tools? I make mostly R&B, Pop, and some Hip-Hip. But I would love to have some templates that has whatever eq, compressor, reverb, etc placed on your standard instruments for each genre. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thanks
If you want to save time and grief - ask a seasoned PT user to give you 40-50 min support session and sit next to him and formulate what you want and why and simply save that as your personal template. I save my personal templates in Pro Tools all the time, but adding Logic to my system I did just that - I included the template making support in my buy of a new mixer unit that I got!

I usually mix on different 8 channel mixers, therefor I place from left to right -
  • Mastertrack with plugins inactivated
  • Hardware Reverb via SPdif
  • Software Reverb on Power Core
  • Software Delay
  • Instrumenttrack with EZ-Drums output bus Drums
  • Audiotrack - input bus Drums
  • Instrumenttrack with Bass Trilian outout bus Bass

with the instrumenttrack plugins made Inactive for faster loadtimes

...and so on and so on. When I ride the unit with the Bank selected I always have Matering tracks on my left hand to the left and have my vocal-tracks last on the right side...

I just did this long posting to clear out that a basic strategy saved as a personal template can save a lot of time.

(Don't forget to add a setup with Memory locations and place you most used genre typical naming like Intro, Vers 1, Ref 1, Vers 2, Outtro and just drag them into position)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix