View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 PM

Default Upgrading from Pro Tools 7.4 to Pro Tools 9 - missing iLok authorization

So, I purchased Pro Tools LE 7.4 off the Avid website, because I noticed I could uprade that to Pro Tools 9 with an update disk for a cheaper price. After my purchase, I downloaded it to my computer just fine. Now, 7.4 won't run without a digibox (which was expected). I had read that Pro Tools 9 can run without any kind of digibox.

Also, I purchased the Pro Tools 9 upgrade disk off eBay, from a music company trying to clear out the product from their stock.

So here's the problem: I'm not sure if the email from Avid about my 7.4 purchase included the information I need (my old computer's memory got completely wiped), but I can't activate my Pro Tools through the website because I don't have the 3(?) codes it asks for (serial number, ect.). I can't install my Pro Tools 9 because it is only an update disk that requires an iLok (which I have and is properly installed with up-to-date drivers), and an activated version of Pro Tools. Without that activation information, I can't get an upgrade authorization sent to my iLok account.

So what can I do? Is it possible to get that email resent to me, given it did include the information I need? I've heard that Avid's customer support via telephone is horrible and you usually end up paying for help, so I have been hesitant to call. I've spent enough on all these silly security features, such as iLok, already; not to mention, Pro Tools itself.

Please, I thank you in advance for any help I can get.