View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Plans for VST Adapter Support in Pro Tools 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
To be fair, some plugins would not work wrapped and fxpansion offered 0 support or updates for the wrapper in the last 5 years or more. Some plugs would also crash your session and plugin settings would sometimes be a pain when trying to back up for system restores and such.

Again, the "experience" as you call it will be the new engine that allow dual buffers to operate independently on plugins. This will reduce the need to jump buffers and kill most tracking w plugins latency. I can't be the only one that sees this as huge.

If its a serious issue and don't want to spring for vep, reaper is dirt cheap as is bidule.
Yes, the Fxpansion wrapper was buggy and *their* forum was testimony to that, which was the original point I was replying to.

Those of us who put up with it for the last 5 years were dearly hoping Avid would come through and enable a company like Sugar Bytes to support it properly.

The "authenticity of their AAX experience" is not my words, it's a direct quote from the statement.

The well-known workarounds make a mockery of the official statement, but they're a pain to use in comparison to a seamless wrapper made by an "invaluable" AAX developer able to work closely with Avid.

Anyhow, I've banged this drum enough and have a demo of Cubase 7 to play with.