View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Vol/Pk/Dly Changing Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieleP View Post
OK, all sorted out I guess... A couple more things if you like:
1) I own my personal ProTools since last June, meaning seven months ago;
2) Mine is version 12.1.7, as I purchased it: never updated;
3) I am almost sure I had from the beginning the usual Vol/Dly/Pk toggling feature available ALSO in the MIX window (it's still there in EDIT) and it changed to the way we described it above only a few days ago;
4) There is a small chance I might be wrong @ point 3) and never realized it's been like that since day one... in that case case, pardon me!

Thanks Roulette Records for exchanging.

Later, G.
Well that is indeed weird. And I will again reiterate I might have had a bug. And I also made a big jump, I believe from wherever I was, all the way to 12.4. I am currently on 12.7.1.

So it might be a combination of a few things that fixed it for me yet causing the oddity with the timeframe of when yours was happening with what version, etc.

Like you said though, its all worked out now. Thank god. And I actually like the new way better as all I really used it for was the Peak read out thing, now that permanently embedded there with no need to toggle.

You know, about the edit window showing it. Honestly, I never use that view. I have 2 screens, using 1 for Edit window, 1 for mix window. And due to that convenience I also like to have as much side to side editing window real estate as possible. So I organize it so my Edit window shows only minimal at all times, and my mix window shows ALL except Mic Preamps and Sends F-J.

Thats the best workflow possibly for me. And so I have to be honest, when I was having the issue, I never even checked if the read out was doing it as normal in the edit window. This is because I could care less if it was. haha. I needed it in the mix window as usual.

Thats said, I just checked, and yes just like you said, in the Edit Window now, currently on mine in 12.7.1 you indeed still have the older toggle way to view them all there.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in. I appreciate your input on this. Back to work I must go --
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them