View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Fine tuning my Ultimate rig. Little help, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
First time I hear about this. I have a 4,1 live rig and never had a problem with power... maybe they have done something between 4,1 and 5,1 design?
No USB power issues here on my 5,1. I run two iloks on the front port. An Akai MPK mini, my data cable to the battery backup and an Apple Cinema display on the three in the rear. Off the Apple Display, A Blue Snow Ball (for video conferencing), a Kensington Trackball and an EditorKeys backlit keyboard.

On the PCI internal bus, I've got the HDX card, a UAD Octo card, an SSD on a PCIe card and a 7970 GPU that takes two power cords. Three of the 4 bays have standard drives in them in addition to the SSD on the PCIe card.

I also have 3.46GHz 12 core CPUs, so I'm beating on the power supply pretty hard.

I did have the power supply go out about a year ago and I replaced it with a rebuilt one. No issues since. The symptoms of that are having to press the start button multiple times when turning the computer on then finally it won't start at all. I still have the old one and will repair it for a spare. It's a common problem with these 10 year old power supplies. There are a couple of know solders that break loose.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.