View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:54 AM

Default Re: best drum software?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdpar View Post
I've been fighting with Steven Slate drums for a while now and , well ,it's time for a change. Any suggestions??? Recommendations???
I've been using Toontrack's Superior Drummer for almost 10 years now and have never looked back. It is affordable, expandable (if you want), and can be as complex or as vanilla as you want it to be. If you're not a tweakhead and just want to drop some stock midi grooves into the track and hit play, you can do it easily. However, if you are anal and want to add a hit here or there, or delete a hit, or micro-manage the drum mixer you can get as in-depth as you want as well. Most of the time I find I don't have to do much with the stock grooves and sounds, but I have also invested in several Producer Presets that I like, as well as several expansion packs (each suited to a different type of music), so I just use what I think the song calls for and don't have to spend a lot of time adjusting things. I know you can also trigger Superior Drummer if you wanted to (I don't do that in my setup), and I have even controlled it via Midi with a keyboard before if that is your thing. It's also very stable and I haven't had any problems with it crashing my system, so that's a big plus!

Mac Pro Rack (7,1) 16-core 3.2gHz Intel Xeon W
OSX Catalina (10.15.4)
8TB Mac OEM SSD System Drive
(3) 1Tb 7200rpm audio hard drives
192Gb RAM
Radeon Pro Vega II Video Card
2 Avid HDX Cards
2 Avid 8X8X8 HD I/Os; 2 Avid 16X16 HD I/Os
PT Ultimate 2020.3