View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

But the iLok asset which we'll be surrendering if we decide to upgrade doesn't differentiate between 1 or 2 - it simply states it's CPTK. How can Avid differentiate the license on the iLok? As far as I'm aware iLok has no ties to your Avid account to see when you actually got your license in the first place?

If you had CPTK 1, when PT10 came out Avid simply said anyone who had CPTK was automatically upgraded to CPTK 2 free of charge. In referring to CPTK 1 are people referring to users who didn't upgrade to PT10 and are wanting to jump from 9 to 11? Even if that's the case, the iLok license is identical.

I must admit I'm going off memory on that last point but I don't recall having to surrender my CPTK license for a new one - I could be wrong on that but either way I'd like confirmation because the last thing I need with this whole debacle is to find I actually only have CPTK 1 & couldn't upgrade even if I was stupid enough to pay $999!

For info I went CPTK from DVTK2 if that has any bearing on it.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256