View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 - Any expected release date yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
My guess is; it will be later than you want, but slightly earlier than its ready
In many respects I think the beta testers are doing a great job in that the products are shipping with less show stopping bugs. So hats off to those guys. What kills me is the product installers seem to be tested on some 2 year old system in the basement that hasn't been updated in since the OS was installed. It ships and then there's issues with the installed browser or whatever. The software is tested it seems but the installers less so. There may be room for some improvement there.

PT 11 should be the mammoth rewrite they have alluding to since 7.3 or 7.4 when they first started about rewriting modules to make them more compatible and easier to modify in the future. There's every chance that things could be a lot smoother with a lot of the legacy code jettisoned. And of course it could be a real roller coaster of bug fix updates. Only time will tell.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88