View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Prot Tools 10 - Virtual Instruments Install Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbies View Post
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded from Pro Tools 8 to Pro Tools 10 via the online cross grade. Pro Tools seems to work fine as it can handle play back of older sessions, however, I cannot get any of my plug-ins to work in new sessions. For example, when I attempt to load a plug-in, I get the error message: "Content cannot be located. Please exit Pro Tools and check installation."

I presume the problem to be very simple - like the virtual instrument files are in the wrong place on my hard drive, but I am not sure how to assess, let alone fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running an iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OS X 10.7.2 and an 003 console.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

After installing Pro Tools 10, did you install the virtual instruments installer as well. the VI installer must be installed after the main PT installer.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.