View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Tracking & Latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Please think carefully about this. it should be obvious this can't work for actual compensation.... and I'm pretty sure it's covered in Pro Tools documentation. But besides not being able to compensate for latency on the master what do you actually mean more... say do you see a zero latency plugin added to the master somehow mess up ADC... and mess it up how?

No DAW can possibly compensate for latency added on an output/master track. ADC works by adding latency to some paths to make them all line up. Anything adding latency to the master is adding latency to everything, there is nowhere else for Pro tools to add latency that would "fix" this. A time travel plugin on the master output would help, but nobody seems to have done that yet... when somebody manages to I expect it will be a really expensive plugin
Hi. I actually don't want to think about it. That's Avid's job. I'm not an under-the-hood guy...just a musician. Everything that you said sounds reasonable but it's not a figment of my imagination. If I have ANY plugins on my master I'll have issues with latency, input buffer and general PT timing while tracking.

It could be system specific but it's spanned 2 computers and 2 interfaces in my case. And troubleshooting DAWs, plugins, etc. is my least favorite thing to do in life. Recording my music is awesome though.

Good luck eledu.