View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:52 AM

Default Re: I can't use any PSP plugins in PT12 - Win 10

Hey!

I've had to stop using PSP plugins in ProTools and had to find replacements. I can only have one or two PSP plugins in any session and have it run stable, any more than that and **** hits the fan. It has nothing to do with different systems or overclocking or trashing preferences either. I've replicated it on all my systems which are now two Win7 machines and two Win10.

To rephrase my findings in an earlier post...

When you solve the stability issue within one session. All other sessions that had the same stability issue with PSP are magically fixed... BUT only under this very launch of ProTools. So if you restart your system you will have the same issues again.

What I was describing was the process of troubleshooting this on your system if you just HAD to use PSP for anything.

The process is to....

* Open a session with plugins disabled (SHIFT/OPEN).
* Make all channels INACTIVE and save session.
* Close and Relaunch ProTools and open this session.
* Activate only the channels having PSP plugins.
* Then activate batches of other plugins. After every activation, open a PSP plugin and try and change parameters. If you've activated a conflicting plugin you will get an access violation error.
* After you've found the plugin conflicting on your system. You repeat this entire process but you never ACTIVATE the conflicting plugins until the very last step.

Doing this will get you a stable system at least temporarily.

For me specifically, since I know it's Slate VMR giving me the problem together with PSP... is that I save a session with the channels containing Slate VMR INACTIVE. So whenever I open a new session I need to ACTIVATE these channels and after the job is done I need to INACTIVATE these channels again before saving so that the session opens stable again next time.

Hope this makes sense.