View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 04:51 AM

Default Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

I just upgraded to 12.7 on my xw8600 Win 7 (x64) Pro machine and started seeing this minimization issue again. When I went to 12.6, it went away after it was happening in 12.5 (or at least I thought).

Turns out, the versions didn't matter, it was just coincidence that I must have had a DVD/Blu-Ray in one of my drives at those times. So, removing the disc was the work around for me.

If it does not fix other folks in Windows, I did a bit of troubleshooting before the fix and found something interesting. If I had my Pro Tools session up and actually *pressed* the Minimize button, then I had the issue where it would not come up with Alt+Tab and I needed to launch the Task Manager and 'Switch To..' to get back into Pro Tools. If I *did not press* the Minimize button of the Pro Tools window and wanted to switch over to say Chrome/Opera/etc and did so by either Alt+Tab or just switching to it with the mouse by clicking it on the task bar, then I was able to get back into Pro Tools with Alt+Tab or by clicking on it on the task bar. Minor subtlety, but I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by sbohonos; 01-08-2017 at 05:02 AM.