View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Control 24 headphone cue mix help!!

I think I have solved it!!! I have had the same problems as well and this past weekend was a disaster of epic proportions, causing me to go to any length to figure this out. Here's how I am going to do it:

ALL should be set to PRE-FADER and unity gain, season to taste.

Everything being recorded (except for Aux tracks) is being sent to, say Bus1-2 to be the main mix but you must do every drum track and NOT the Drum Subgroup, (if you use one)this just doubles the signal and/or creates confusion.

Next setup just the drums (again no aux stuff) to go to Bus 3

Bass to Bus 4

Gtr to Bus 5

Vox to Bus 6

Now create 1 stereo Aux in and 4 mono aux ins, with their inputs as Bus 1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6 respectively and their outputs to (for my system anyway) 96I/O output 3-4, 5, 6, 7, 8 respectively.
My Output 3-4 goes to the Control 24's Aux Input (to pickup the talkback mic), then goes to the headpone system main in and 5-8 go straight to the headphone system.

THIS IS THE KEY!!! You have to SOLO SAFE (or whatever its called) the headphone aux-in tracks. You do it by holding Ctrl (Windows) and clicking the solo button. It should be greyed out. Now when you solo something, you aren't muting the aux ins and they flow right to the headphone system without interruption.

Does this make sense?? It should work for one and all, let me know what you all think and if need be I can save a template.