View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2018 slows down instantly and gets worse

Hi everyone, I think I have solved the problem since it's been a month and the problem of 'the display either lags heavily or stops and even crashes the program' never came back. Also since then, I'm not getting the error AAE 9173.
I tried 3 different fixings one after another. I'll share this solution hoping someone with the similar problem gets the same benefit.
Fix#1:Click 'Windows logo' at the left bottom. Click 'this PC'. Click System drive. Open 'Program Files' folder. Open 'Avid' folder. Open 'Pro Tools' folder. Scrawl down to see 'Pro Tools' Icon. Right click it. Click 'Properties' tab. Click 'Compatibility' tab. In the 'Compatibility Mode' area, uncheck the box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8'. Leave this blank. Also in 'Application' area, check 'Run this program as an administrator'. Hit 'Apply' and 'OK'. Restart the PC.
Fix#2:Type control in the search box from 'Start'. Then click 'Control Panel' from the result. Write 'File' in the search box on the top right of the 'Control Panel' window. Then click 'File Explorer Options' from the result. Click 'Clear' to clear 'File Explorer history'. Then click Apply > OK.
Fix#3:Go to 'C' drive. Click 'Users'. Click 'user's name'. Right click 'Desktop' and click 'Properties. Click 'Location' tab. Click 'Restore Default' tab>
hit 'Apply', hit 'OK'.