View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:47 PM

Default Pro Tools 2018 slows down instantly and gets worse

I haven't been on this in years and the site has changed so Im not sure if im posting in the right spot. Anyway lately my ProTools 2018 has been slowing down after running it and it keeps getting worse the longer I run it. This happens no matter what I'm doing. Even when I use my musical keyboard to play something or move my mouse, the display either lags heavily or stops and even crashes the program. I have used both the latest version of the software and the one before it (12.8.3). I also tend to get the error AAE 9173 from time to time. I have done a clean reinstall of Pro Tools and the problem still persists. Even turning off plugins does not seem to make the slowdown any better. The processor usage stays consistent and whenever I run Task Manager, the processor use stays at around 20% and the RAM usage is around 15%.

I'm running on Win 10 64 bit,
my soundcard is Delta1010,
my GPU is NVIDIA K2200,
and my processor is an E5430 Xeon Processor at 2.66GHz (running two processors, each being quad core).

I should add that my computer itself does not slow down at all, it is just the program. I'm assuming it's a memory leak but I have no idea what to do if it is and trying to make sure its not something else.