Thread: MBox 2 drivers
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:34 AM

Default Re: MBox 2 drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroses View Post
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but after much searching, I've come up with nothing.

My friend bought a used MBox 2 a couple years ago off craigslist. He had it working OK with a PowerMac, but eventually the thing just died. So, I helped him get a new laptop, originally running Vista. He couldn't get his version of Pro Tools (6.something, I think) to work. So he got a version (I think off Craigslist), which is PTLE 8. He couldn't get that to work, either. We then upgraded his laptop to Windows 7.

Basically, he gets a little bit into the installation procedure, and it fails because it can't find drivers for his MBox 2. This should be a simple thing to download off digidesign's website, but I can't find anything for the life of me. Where would I download MBox 2 drivers? It seems like everything should work just fine if the PC could just recognize the device.

I also know he's never updated the MBox 2's firmware, but I don't know if that's an issue.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jon
If it is the 64 bit version of Windows 7, then it will not work. Digidesign has not made 64 bit drivers yet. Reinstall with a 32 bit operating system.

XP works best. Vista is also supported. 32 bit version of Win7 works, but is not guaranteed.

My reply is true if you are using Pro Tools LE 8. If you are trying PTLE 6.x, then there may be other requirements.
2 gB ram
Lacie Rugged 5400 rpm firewire 800 on Siig Cardbus adapter
Roland 700SX stage piano
Studio Projects C3 mics
Melodyne Plugin
Dual Boot:
PTLE 8.0.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
PTLE 8.0.1 on XP Media Center SP3