View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Need help downloading protools 8 full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPapakonstantinou View Post
Ok i found the issue, the ilok website does not work with firefox 4-5 (guess i should have paid attention to the green line on the website).

Anyways i got into it and it has these licenses only.

BF Classic Compressors v4

Avid

License

Never

BF Fairchild Bundle v4

Avid

License

Never

Bomb Factory BF-3A

Avid

License

Never

But i do have registration cards from the other pro tools license, just not the manual there for i don't have the activation id so it seems i am out of luck. -_- What a waste of our time.

Anyways why i have not gone back is simple, they did not guarantee anything as it was used. On top of that, they were selling that box and my box for the m-box 2 price only as they did not even guarantee my brand new software which luckily is compatible with the upgrade for windows 7. Above that it was quite a while ago and i doubt they have the rest of the unit anymore so it's simply a waste of time. On the bright side i have a ilok that works and 2 useless pieces of paper for licensing information. Maybe i can use it for a fire if i got stuck in a snow storm this winter haha !
The registration/serial number is like gold. A dealer should know all this, selling (or even giving) you something that is missing that registration/serial number or where somebody else has used/registered the product before is pointless. All stuff a dealer should know. Anyhow looks like you have those iLok assets for Bomb Factory plugins that are not bad plugs to own.

If you are missing the plugin software see http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en. Some of these are updaters, some full installers, it should be obvious when you download them.

Its still not clear to me if you really have a working Pro Tools system or not, maybe that Pro Tools 8 LE?

What else are you missing or are you all set now?

Darryl