View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: SC 880 and MIDI studio

told you I would let you know what happened.

I opened 'midi studio' and created anew 'external midi device' and double clicked on it, it opened and I selected 'Roland' from the manufactures settings (name of...) and then from the other setting.., model (something like that, cant miss it) I selected the SC-880.

I then connected virtually the midi cords from the SC-880 to the M Box within 'MIDI studio;.

I opened an 'instrument track' in PT and there at the top when I opened the selection panel, whatever??.., on the mixer, (top of the instrument track fader) there was my 880.

I selected it as an in and an out, I armed the record, and away it went, very nice and no strange sounds (like i was getting before, a high frequency whistle).

Of course the 880 is connected both as audio and as Midi to the M Box.

Obviously there is still something wrong though as the instrument track will not record as it is and i have to pipe it through a bus to an audio track.., also there is no activity in the velocity meter at the top of the instrument track fader (that area with the selection panels and bits and pieces??).

works for me, but still working on t, spent $90 on a book today I hope answeres all questions, or a lot of then anyway

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2