View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 AM

Default SC 880 and MIDI studio

Hi all, I'm using an I Mac, 24 inch screen, ect.., tiger 10.4.8, ect

OK, Im new to macs and I have just installed a new controller to the Protools /Mac and 'found' the MIDI studio in the utilities and also in the protools menu. soooo, a question

I have a Roland SC-880 sound module I am using with the mac and protools and the new controller (still using a keyboard, ect with my PC and cubase but the mac/protools is a different and new system to me).

question; do I create a new device in the midi studio and then name it and hopefully find it in the protools library of devices (if not it is GM I guess) and connect it virtually within MIDI studio to the M Box?? OK.., clearer.., do i connect the icons of the M Box and the 'new device (SC-880)' to each other as I do with the hardware connections?

Is this how the MIDI studio is used.., I created new devices for the controller and 'stumbled ' across this and before I plunge head first into it I just want to ask if this is the correct way to go.., if so, do I make a complete virtual studio in MIDI studio and connect the, rather, emulate the connections as I have done with my hardware connections.

is there any other 'devices' in MIDI studio by default?? I have Final Cut Pro also and Im wondering if this is why I have a 'network device' in my MIDI studio. I dont want to delete anything in there but I dont use the mac on the net much, mainly the PC is on the net.

thanks for any help

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2