View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Protools support, Im stuck =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep View Post
Hey guys!

Im trying to help an older lady over the phone. She is recording texts in protools and she has done that for some years now. Recently she bought a new computer and I helped here install everything again over the phone so she is not completly lost when it comes to computers but now Im bit stuck and hoping for some tips and tricks. The problem is that she is living in a small town with no real support and I live 2 hours away from her.

Here is the problem.
Everything works allright beside that the program is running slowly. It takes about a sec for playback and even 1,5 sec for doing a simple region split. Changing the buffersize aint helping. No plugins are being used but they are loaded. Only the standard plugins are loaded (the ones that are on the PTLE 7.0 install disc)

Any help would be appriciated. Im an old PT user since the late 90s but Im not using PT myself anymore so Its hard for me to help her out. I might visit her later and then I want to be preperd so any help would be awsome! If you have any idea please be as detailed as possible so I can guide her.

Thanks

Windows XP Pro 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Hewlett packard
Intel(r) core TM 2 duo cpu
e7300 2,66GHz
3,46 GB RAM
PAE

Hardware:
Mbox 2 (usb)

Software:
PT LE 7.0

note: I heard that IE8 can couse problems. I think she has IE8 installed even if she doesnt use it. The computer aint connected to Internet.
For such a simple, over dub task why not use a more robust and reliable DAW that can easily get the job done.

Um... Reaper, Vegas, ACID - the list can go on and on.

I prefer reliability, stability and efficiency over any other "work flow option".