View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Peter & Roy\'s PTLe Shootout 1: ~FINAL RESULTS~

Peter,
No pop phychology going on. Just observations. You, Peter, wrote more, described things in depth, and managed to give numerical ratings that varied according to the way you viewed the work. Whether I agree with your reviews and view (which mostly I do) I respect that you did the work and broke them down into their constituent parts. Cheers to you.

Roy, on the other hand, wrote about two sentences in each case, and seemed in many cases to simply choose a number for the arrangement and type it in 12 times repetitively for everything being reviewed. For this I can't applaud, even though again I agree with many, if not most, of his comments on the individual songs.

I deeply respect your willingness to stand up for the two of you as a group, but I stand by my observations. I respect that you, or others, may not agree. So be it.

(I'll let the book comment go as this is so much easier than dealing with an editor.) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

With best reards,
Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Last:
Dear Mark

Since both Roy and I together decided on the approach to this shootout, one has to really stretch the pop-psychology a lot to successfully assign a role to one of us. I am glad you admit that it is not important to you, because it is not important to us either. Your analytical observations are entertaining though. Perhaps you should consider writing a book.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have a nice day now!
~Peter
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">