View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Will there be an Avid S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I just wanted to throw this out from a manufacturers position. The Artist Mix sold 10:1 against the Artist Control. Now with the Dock and S1 that ratio for a 4 fader unit would be even lower, so with the development cost and sustaining cost over 10 years its really not a viable product to make and would mean less resources for the ones we currently have. I get the use case but its such a small market compared to 1 or 8 faders.
This all does makes sense and you all have me thinking now.
I am curious about what comes next though, with the advent of technology like AR, VR and brain to computer interfaces just around the corner I wonder if these will be the last physical mixers we see?
I imagine soon one could just put on a VR headset and some VR gloves with built in haptics and have a console as big or small as you want anywhere you want.

I guess that would be the most flexible workflow ever, customised by thought where you can have the feel of faders or actually shape the waveforms like moulding clay in your hands.

Probably be a little hard to explain to artists and clients what’s going though.
All they would see is an engineer rubbing an empty table , gotta keep that wow factor somehow...