View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 03:40 PM

Default Fairchild 670 license active but not working

It's my understanding that the Fairchild 670 is part of the the "Classic Compressors" bundle and that the Classic Compressors bundle is included in Pro Tools 11; am I correct in this understanding? I also have a separate ("active") license for the Fairchild 670 in my iLok (I purchased this license from a 3rd party seller years ago, and it has been functional in previous versions of Pro Tools. I'm just getting into PT11 (upgrading all my plugins from PT10 has been a costly, time consuming process...). I noticed that in PT11 the Fairchild 670 is missing from my plugins. I tried to address this with Avid support and was given limited help: they told me to use this version of Classic Compressors: "http://www.avid.com/US/products/Classic-Compressors-Bundle". When I downloaded and installed this, then launched Pro Tools, I get the message that PT can't find authorization, even though it's clearly an active license in my iLok account and on my iLok. Should I just chalk this up to the nth plugin I'll lose due to evolution, or should I be able to continue using this plugin in PT 11?