View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:58 PM

Default C24 to S3? Some questions for you

I'm thinking of making the switch from C24 (very happy with this) to the S3 + Dock, but have a few questions about what I consider to be key features that were missing 4 years ago when I briefly looked at the Artist series / Eucon.

- Does the S3 allow custom plugin mapping?

- Does it update the screen as you bank the faders?

- Can you shift + control click on a track to bank it to the first fader (with subsequent tracks following)?

- Does the S3 and/or Dock have dedicated buttons for markers?

- With the C24/Pro Tools I use "Track Show/Hide" saved as Markers to create fader sets (drums, vocals, submasters etc) so I can hit a Marker and instantly my faders are just the Drums, the Vocals, the Guitars etc. So, for, say, drums, regardless of the song I see kick in, kick out, snare top, snare bottom etc on the exact same faders every time. The workflow is amazing. Does the S3 do this? If so, if you add a track later is it easy to update the group?

Thanks. These features have become so important to my workflow that I want to make sure they are present in the S3.

P.S. I think the S3 and Eucon features are very cool (the displays especially) but don't want to take any steps backwards by switching. Going from 24 faders to 16 is not ideal but the added functionality of the Dock might in some ways make up for it.