View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Does Artist Series follow EVERY move in Pro Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjewel View Post
As far as my experience goes, and I use an MC Control with an Artist Mix what I see on the screen with pro tools is mirrored on mu control surfaces. I have it set to follow track numbers so I would not see track 60 next to track 27 for example. If I wanted that to happen, all I'd do is create a layout with the track selections I wanted to see in the order I wanted to see them ... HTH
Yeah, that's the same for Nuendo. I'd have to make a layout (which I have) to have those tracks placed close together. On the high priced controllers, the hardware and DAW work together on every setup in both directions. So, if I wanted to only see the kick drum(ch. 26) and bass (ch. 45) to tighten up the timing, they would appear together on the Nuendo Project window and mixer.
On Nuage, id Controller, Tango and S5MC/S6, they would show up right next to each other on the control surface.

Without making the layout for that scene and linking it to the visual agent in Nuendo, those tracks would be 20 faders apart on the Artist Control. In most other cases where the gap is even larger, you'd have to bank up and down to access those channels, in which case, you'd just work with the mouse/trackball.

I was under the impression that if you were using Artist Series Controllers with Pro Tools, the hardware might respond the way the big ticket controllers do with said DAWs. Thanks for clearing that up for me.