View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Best way to import I/O settings?

This brings another thing to mind. . . ProTools should really allow users to edit the I/O and Buss names directly in the Edit or Mix Windows, just by double clicking on the label. I find it a pain to open the I/O dialog to change names as I develop my session --> assigning inputs to tracks, setting up mix busses, FX busses, etc. . . A quick double click on the label to make the name meaningful would be a great addition. At this time, for the most part, I just leave the names as stock because it is too much of a pain to open the I/O Dialog as I go. If the labels could be updated with a quick double click I know I would have very clearly annotated sessions which would make it faster to make adjustments, especially when coming back to a session from weeks ago. I dropped this suggestion with Digidesign a year back and have not heard anything. . .

It would also be a time saver to be able to drag-duplicate Aux sends to other tracks (just like we can do with plugins). If I have a group of BG vocs or toms, I generally want the same FX send, at the same level on each. Creating one, adjusting it, and then dragging a duplicate to each track would same considerable time. . .