View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver M View Post
Look Michael, it is really hard to help if you keep asking questions without explaining in detail what you are after. I have the feeling you want us to complete your code for free only.

You haven't explained what the uiScript does, now you bring Automator stuff in. I have coded stuff for Automator and believe its a nightmare to deal with as its slow like hell. Thus I suggest to avoid it.

You need to explain in detail what you are trying to achieve, step by step. Only then you can expect decent help.

Things like checking for a window to appear has been discussed many times within this thread. Maybe you should start reading it. 😉

No harm intended.
Hello Oliver,

Apologies for the ambiguous answer and description of the problem.

Most certainly not looking for anyone to complete my code for free. Firstly, I am new to programming on AppleScript, hence I am asking for help once I hit a roadblock. I have exhaustively googled the problem that I'm facing and was unable to find any definitive or helpful information.

Secondly, I have searched this thread for the answers (not exhaustively) and implemented some of the solutions regarding the pop up windows with no positive outcome. I have also implemented a few of the solutions (regarding file input, etc.) with positive outcome after hard trial and error, for which I am grateful.

If I am going overboard with requesting this advice, I would happily compensate for one's time. I was actually considering hiring programming services when I started this project.

Hence kindly let me know, and subsequent arrangements will be made with pleasure.

Otherwise here is the description of the complete workflow and the Script that fails to close the pop-up windows (next separate forum message).