View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Automation AppleScripts for Pro Tools (Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoesoflife View Post
Hi all,

Making some progress, the script even works for multiple files selected in Automator (surprisingly!) - with a little bit of my help though.

There is one challenge which I couldn't solve yet, and this is regarding dialog windows.

For example, while PT is loading, it may pop up a dialog suggesting that my HUI controller is absent, and the OK button is required to proceed.

I am wondering if any of you have had some luck automatically detecting and pressing "OK", "No" or "Don't Save" buttons in the pop-up dialog windows in Pro Tools.

These windows always go with "window 1" identifier, however once I try to talk to button "OK" of window 1, the script refuses to do so.

Partially this may be because one has to wait until these windows appear, and I don't quite know how to achieve that. I tried repeat until window 1 exists, and this didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Look Michael, it is really hard to help if you keep asking questions without explaining in detail what you are after. I have the feeling you want us to complete your code for free only.

You haven't explained what the uiScript does, now you bring Automator stuff in. I have coded stuff for Automator and believe its a nightmare to deal with as its slow like hell. Thus I suggest to avoid it.

You need to explain in detail what you are trying to achieve, step by step. Only then you can expect decent help.

Things like checking for a window to appear has been discussed many times within this thread. Maybe you should start reading it. 😉

No harm intended.