View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Original Mbox Standalone Driver for Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
That is somewhat interesting given that Digidesign stated that the Mbox will not work after Pro Tools 8.0.1.

filosofem
He may not be running 8.0....

I suspect the fact that Digi is dropping the original MBox at the time they are rewriting all the drivers to work with 64bit is not entirely coincidental....meaning wherever the drivers are headed the MBoxes hardware cant go.

The Win 7 Beta is pre release software and just because its still working now does not mean that it will if still be working if they need to change the drivers.

Digi always been fairly good about making a Wave or ASIO driver available to download for older hardware. But... they haven't had to cope with going from 32 to 64bit. It would be nice if the final Win7 ASIO driver would support the Original MBox but this time around I wouldn't hold my breath.

The other side of the coin is when you look at all the features 8.0 added its not a bad time to hop off. Would you rather they have ended support with 7.4 or 8.0?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88