View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 09:47 AM

Default Re: It's a sad day...

Sorry to say, I have to concur with the post above.

Expected rapid development in new functionality and bug fixes when I bought a very promising, but fairly unfinished product 2.5 years ago. And coming from ICON, I took for granted that every function from my D-Command was either ported over as is or implemented in a more suitable way.

Disappointingly, I can now say 2.5 years after, that the progress is far slower than expected, and that the S6 is shockingly absent of several ICON functions I still miss every working day.

As a loyal customer through more than 20 years, I cannot understand the logics behind not taking care of us who have used (and even promoted) AVID products for an entire career. We represent the majority of power users, who are daily pushing the equipment to the edge of functionality. Needless to say, losing out on features when investing in "the next big thing", the S6, is a BIG letdown. New technology should make us leaping forward, and I did accept for a while that there would be some adaptation and "growing pains", but I frankly cannot accept that we still don't have everything the ICON offered, even if S6 has other new stuff.

And the fact that we both payed for an unfinished and lacking product back in the day (with a promise of rapid development of features missing from the ICON), AND that we have to pay for that same feature development to actually happen, seems more and more like a scam to me. But that isn't the worst of it. Now we have paid for an entire year of software upgrades that hasn't happened! So we are paying for absolutely nothing that shouldn't have been offered us free in the first place.

So, AVID, I think you should come clean and give us the REAL story here, because there obviously is something fishy going on. We are continuously let down by you, as bugs aren't straightened out and new (and old) functions requested from users are still painfully absent.

What do you have to say, guys?

Javed Kurd
Oslo, Norway.