View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 03:06 PM

Default Re: HDX-II What are the chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You know folks here who would have any idea could not say... and everybody else speaking up including me is clueless. My 2c guess is Avid is going to have it's hands a little full dealing with the Mac ARM transition for some while and it's not likely have anything new coming in a while. It's also my impression that most (or all) of the folks who worked on HD Native and HDX are no longer with the company. I'm not even sure it makes sense to do a PCIe card HDX II for a while or maybe at all. Maybe the current card can just chug on.

Eventually Avid needs to get off Digilink, I could for example image a future there where things transition to USB4/Thunderbolt 3 interfaces or USB4/Thunderbolt3 outboard processors. Maybe leveraging Dante for IO connectivity (moving to MTRX at least gives those boxes a scalable non Digilink connection).

OK sorry to make your head hurt. If you can get a HDX card cheap and want it I would grab it. Make sure a HDX1 will be big enough for your needs.

Quote:
My 2c guess is Avid is going to have it's hands a little full dealing with the Mac ARM transition for some while and it's not likely have anything new coming in a while
Do you mean when Avid had their hands full Avid knew for sometime that a new Mac Pro was going to be introduced and Apple marketed about working with Avid for 6 HDX cards?

Quote:
I could for example image a future there where things transition to USB4/Thunderbolt 3 interfaces or USB4/Thunderbolt3 outboard processors.
This idea was brought up many times on the Avid before HDX.....we got more PCIe cards with third party cases.