View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 10:41 AM

Default Re: It's Official--Mac Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofvoz View Post
I am an absolute believer that Mac is infinitely better than PC. My 2012 Macbook Pro is still functioning flawlessly, BUT, my 2012 Mac Pro (Cheese Grater) is now acting like a PC, requiring numerous re-boots in order to keep funtioning (Pro Tools). Apple has always been an an overtly arrogant entity, but they have now taken that arrogance to its height. The "mid-grade" user like me has been completely abandoned in favor of iPhones and iPads. The new Macs START at about $5k for the lowest model. Are you KIDDING me??? A buddy of mine (PC guy) told me about three years ago that Mac was "on its way out." I didn't believe it. I do now. Dude, I'm getting a Dell.
When is the last time you opened up the case and cleaned out the rampant dust bunnies? Apple in their infinite stupidity did NOT put a filter on the front of the case where outside air gets sucked in. Open up the case, clean them bunnies out, reseat the cards and any connectors, close up the case and restart that 'grater. I do mine at least once a year.

You might want to look into getting a third party refurb. My 2012 cheesegrater came from OWC but I think they're out of them. Take a look at iPowerResale at https://ipowerresale.com/browse-mac-pro/

QAPLA!